DVD-A.net Forum Index DVD-A.net
The DVD-Audio Resource

HomeHome   Music storeMusic store   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blu ray "Pure Audio" Supertramp's "Crime of

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Blu ray "Pure Audio" Supertramp's "Crime of Reply with quote

Oh dear...please help me (with some disc operation technicalities)

I just purchased a "pure audio" blu ray version of Crime of the Century from the Amazon market place, some seller called "beaches_entertainment."

I popped my "brand new" disc into a traditional 4 year old sony blu ray player hooked up to a Harman Kardon AVR using a dedicated optical cable for audio....

Now, never has my HK AVR not been able to decode the various playback modes and always indicates whether it is encoding , Dolby Digital, DTS, etc.

But in this case.....the disc itself won't even allow me to choose any of the 3 playback modes. In fact, as soon as the disc is "downloaded" into the sony player , the music just begins to play automatically and no "Dolby Digital" or "DTS" gets displayed on my HK AVR as does with ALL my other blu ray(Audio) discs.

This lack of operation from the disc is not normal - not for any DVDA disc or blu ray DVD disc(whether a movie or audio only)

Did I get ripped off? Is my disc defective? 'Anybody else have this issue or can make some suggestions?
DVD-Audiophile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the technical details of this discs but, although it would surprise me, it's entirely possible (and it sounds like it) that the disc contains just a single format. Only high-resolution PCM for instance. Nothing to choose then. Does the sleeve/case specify any details about the audio format(s)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVD-A.net Forum Index -> General forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: